Raspberry-Blueberry Gazpacho with Fresh Mint
A simple, chilled sweet berry soup topped with fresh berries and mint topped with frozen yogurt. The perfect dessert if you’re having company because you make it ahead and keep it chilled until ready to serve.
I get so many magazines delivered to my house yet never seem to find the time to read them. However, I found myself thumbing through last month’s Bon Appétit and came across a Mixed Berry Gazpacho with Basil by Chef Michael Laiskonis and ripped out the page.
I changing it up slightly using raspberries and mint from my garden and some store bought blueberries. It was so easy to make and a perfect light ending to my meal. They topped theirs with olive oil and fresh cracked pepper, but I kept it simple and made it without. A scoop of Stonyfield’s frozen yogurt was the perfect finish to this easy light summer dessert.
And let’s just talk about this spoon for a minute, isn’t it the most darling spoon? If you love supporting local artists on Etsy, you’ll love For Such A Time Designs, she creates fun vintage hand stamped and re-purposed flatware.
Blueberry-Raspberry Gazpacho with Mint
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp raw sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 4 scoops (1/4 cup each) fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine the berries with the sugar, orange, lemon and lime juice and the lemon zest in a medium heatproof bowl.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place the covered bowl over a large saucepan of simmering water; cook on low 10 minutes.
- Set aside until it cools.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Divide fruit and its liquid among 4 bowls; garnish with fresh mint and top each bowl with a 1/4 cup scoop of frozen yogurt.
Yield: 4 servings , Serving Size: 1/4 sauce with 1/4 cup fro-yo
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 139 calories
- Total Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 37mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Sugar: 22.8g
- Protein: 3g
Adapted from Bon AppétitAll images and text ©