This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Sauteed spinach combined with rice makes a delicious side dish I just can’t get enough of!
This is one of those side dishes I make when I need to go shopping and don’t have much left in my refrigerator. I always keep frozen spinach on hand for emergencies.
Rice with Spinach
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 generous cup
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 1 chicken or vegetable bullion, cube
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp butter
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- fresh grated cheese, optional
- In a small heavy pot, melt the butter. Add rice and saute about 1 minute.
- Add the water and boullion cube and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover and cook 45 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add spinach and a pinch of salt, mixing well for about 4 minutes.
- Toss rice with spinach and top with good grating cheese like Pecorino Romano.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Makes 4-1/2 cups.
Serving: 1 generous cup, Calories: 172.6 kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.3 g, Protein: 4.1 g, Fat: 2.9 g, Fiber: 1.8 g
34 comments on “Rice with Spinach”
I’m sorry, but the freestyle points on this recipe are incorrect. There are actually 5 points in 1/5 of the recipe. I did it as a recipe and used the nutritional info listed to calculate.
Using the nutritional info does not take into consideration 0 point food. If you want to recalculate, you should do so by ingredient.
Would this work with frozen cauliflower as a rice subsititute? How much should I use? Thanks!
How much broth do you use for this recipe?