Roasted Delicata Squash with Burrata, Pomegranate and Pistachios has minimal ingredients and just one sheet pan for prep, perfect for your Holiday table or as an easy weeknight side dish.
Roasted Delicata Squash with Burrata
This easy-to-make, festive winter side dish is perfect for the Holiday table! I’m excited to share this guest post from my close friend Heather K. Jones. She’s the nutrition expert for the Skinnytaste cookbooks, please welcome her…
Hi Everyone, I’m Heather K. Jones. I’m a dietitian, a wellness guide, and the founder of Feel Better Eat Better, an online weight loss program for people who struggle with emotional eating, binge eating, overeating or body image issues. To learn more you can sign up for my free emotional eating masterclass right HERE.
And click HERE to listen to my brand-new Weight and Wellness affirmations on YouTube! When I started on my own self-love path almost 20 years ago, I was struggling with food, health and myself, and by listening to positive affirmations, I was able to shift my mindset and start creating healthy changes in my life with love. I hope you enjoy them!
This wonderful squash dish is a new favorite of mine! I usually pair burrata mozzarella with tomatoes, but it actually goes really well with lots of vegetables, especially delicata squash. If you can’t find delicata squash, this will also work with roasted acorn sliced thin.
What is Delicata Squash
Delicata squash is available during fall and winter, same as other winter squashes like butternut, acorn, and pumpkin. And as the name suggests, this squash has a delicate rind or skin that is 100% edible—so no peeling is necessary!
The sweetness of the roasted squash pairs perfectly with the creamy burrata, the tart pomegranates and the crunchy pistachios. It looks and tastes super sophisticated, but with minimal ingredients and just one sheet pan for prep, it’s just as perfect for your Holiday table as it is for an easy weeknight side dish – it pairs with just about any protein!
Roasted Delicata Squash with Burrata, Pomegranate and Pistachios
- Olive oil spray
- 1 ½ pounds Delicata squash 2 medium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces burrata cheese quartered
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray 2 sheet pans with oil.
- Slice each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Slice the seeded halves into ½-inch pieces (half circles) then divide and spread them evenly among the sheet pans. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through cook time.
- Transfer squash to a serving platter, top with burrata, pistachios, pomegranate seeds and basil. Serve immediately.