Sheet Pan Shrimp Oreganata is made with jumbo shrimp topped with a light breadcrumb and pecorino mixture baked on a sheet pan for a quick and easy dinner.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Oreganata
Italian Shrimp Oreganata is an easy weeknight meal that cooks in under 12 minutes. Just toss the butterflied shrimp with white wine, salt, and red pepper and place them on a sheet pan topped with the breadcrumb mixture. Bake on a foil-lined sheet pan for about eight minutes and broil for two, so the breadcrumbs get nice and golden. If you make seafood during the Holidays, this dish would make a great addition to you holiday table!
I’m excited to partner with Reynolds Wrap® Foil for this easy sheet pan recipe. I used Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil, which made cleanup a breeze! The non- stick foil is perfect for lining sheet pans and it keeps your pans from becoming a complete mess. The non-stick side is the dull side, and it keeps food from sticking and makes cleanup easier for you. After a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend extra time scrubbing dishes. Easy dinner, easy cleanup gets you more time with family. And it’s proudly made in the U.S.A. (Louisville, KY).
What is shrimp oreganata?
Shrimp oreganata is an Italian American seafood dish. The shrimp are covered with a breadcrumb mixture seasoned with many popular Italian ingredients:
- Lemon zest
- Olive oil
The shrimp bake in the oven until the breadcrumbs are golden. You can use this oreganata style on many different types of seafood, like fish and clams.
What to Serve with Shrimp Oreganata
Shrimp oreganata would be fantastic served with pasta or any of the sides below.
- Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Lemon
- Orzo with Zucchini and Tomato
- Garlic Knots
Shrimp Oreganata Variations:
- Swap the shrimp for a white fish like flounder or sole.
- If you want to sub the wine, use vegetable broth instead.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Love:
- Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets
- Easy Roasted Lemon-Garlic Shrimp
- Chilled Italian Shrimp Tortellini Pasta
- Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers
- Cajun Shrimp in Foil
Sheet Pan Shrimp Oreganata
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- 2 pounds extra jumbo or collosal shrimp 8 - 12 per pound (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon wedges for serving
- Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp open, leaving the tails on.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and toss gently with wine, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, pecorino cheese, garlic, oregano and lemon zest.
- Add the shrimp to the sheet pan and arrange in a single layer cut side up.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mixture over each shrimp and drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Reynolds Wrap® Foil. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own.