Easy Garlic Knots (Air Fryer or Baked)
These soft, garlicky knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots! Made from scratch using my easy yeast-free bagel dough recipe (just flour, Greek yogurt, baking powder and salt), they can be baked in the oven or cooked in the air fryer!
Easy Garlic Knots
No need to wait for the dough to rise, no fancy mixer required, just mix it, roll and bake, they are so good fresh out of the oven (or air fryer)! Great served with a salad, a bowl of soup, or serve them with marinara as an appetizer!
Because they are made with Greek yogurt, they are also high in protein and lower in carbs than traditional knots. I topped them with just enough butter to saute the garlic then tossed it all together, they disappeared fast!
Guys, we are so obsessed with this bagel recipe that Tommy wanted to make them into his favorite garlic knots. We’ve made them twice now and they turned out delish! Serve them with a big bowl of tomato soup and a salad and you have yourself a delicious dinner the whole family will be excited about.
How To Make Easy Garlic Knots
Tips for Perfect Garlic Knots:
- You can double or triple the recipe for a crowd, you can also make half the dough for less servings.
- To make the dough ahead, wrap tight in plastic and refrigerate 2 to 3 days. Let the dough get room temperature before baking.
- I recommend a silpat or silicone baking mat to prevent them from sticking or browning too much on the bottom.
- Bake on the top rack so the bottoms don’t get too browned.
- They will expand when they bake so you’ll want to make sure they have plenty of room so they don’t stick together.
- Thick Greek yogurt instead of plain is a must, if there’s any liquid in the yogurt be sure to drain it. I tested with Fage and Stonyfield Greek, both worked great.
- If your dough is sticky add more flour or use slightly less yogurt.
- White whole wheat flour can be used in place of all purpose.
- A food scale is helpful to weight your flour and to make sure your knots are all the same size. This is the food scale I use (affil link).
- To make them gluten-free I use Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 flour and increase the bake time by 5 minutes. If they are too hard to make into knots, just make them into bread sticks.
Easy Garlic Knots
These soft, garlicky knots taste just like your favorite pizzeria’s garlic knots, but made from scratch using my easy yeast-free bagel dough recipe (just flour, Greek yogurt, baking powder and salt).
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour (see notes above for gluten-free)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (less for table salt)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fat free Greek Yogurt, drained of any excess liquid (I like Fage)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone liner or Silpat.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a spoon until incorporated. Then use your dry hands and knead about 15 times. If it’s too sticky you can add a little more flour. Roll into a ball.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces then roll each piece into worm like strips, about 9 inches long.
- Tie each breadstick into a “knot-like” ball; place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray the top with olive oil.
- Bake on the top third of the oven until golden about 18 minutes. Let them cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium nonstick skillet melt the butter, add the garlic and cook until golden, 2 minutes.
- Toss the knots in the skillet with the melted butter and garlic or use a brush to cover the knots with the garlic.
- If the knots are too dry, give them another mist of olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat the air fryer 325F degrees and set for 11 to 12 minutes. Cook in batches without overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden. No need to turn.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1 knot
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 2
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 87 calories
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 5g