Air Fryer Chicken Milanese with Baby Arugula
Crisp, golden, delicious Air Fryer Chicken Milanese with Baby Arugula and lemon wedges is one of my favorite dinner recipes!
Air Fryer Chicken Milanese
Chicken cutlets have always been a way of life growing up. I learned how to make them right about the same time I learned how to boil pasta. As an adult, I swapped my frying pan for lighter methods such as baking. Now that I have an air-fryer, this is hands down my favorite way to make them for crisp golden chicken without all the oil! Here’s a few more Air Fryer Recipes you may also enjoy.
Whether the breaded chicken cutlets get smothered with sauce and cheese for Chicken Parmesan, cut up for salads or sandwiches, or eaten cold, straight out of the fridge this simple Milanese topped served with arugula and lots of fresh lemon juice is the way I eat them most. In fact, if I go out to eat and don’t like anything on the menu, I usually get the restaurant to make me this.
Chicken cutlets are basically thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts which usually come pre-sliced thin. Cutting them yourself is simple to do, once you slice them simply pound them with a mallet to an even 1/4-inch thickness. If you prefer to use pre-cut chicken, you make still have to pound them depending on the thickness.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets Variations
- Add some shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
- If you don’t like the peppery taste of arugula, you can use mixed baby greens.
- Add tomatoes and balsamic like I did on this recipe.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- AF Asian Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Chicken Milanese with Arugula
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 16 oz total
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs, wheat or gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
- Cut chicken into 4 cutlets, then place cutlets between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow plate, beat the egg and 1 teaspoon of water together.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a work surface and spray both sides with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- In batches transfer to the air fryer basket and cook 7 minutes, turning halfway until golden and cooked through.
- Serve chicken with 1 1/2 cups arugula and top with a generous amount of lemon juice.
- Bake in a preheated oven 425F 425F for 12 to 14 minutes, flipping halfway until golden.