Reuben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This Reuben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is stuffed with all the elements of a classic Reuben sandwich – pastrami, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and Swiss cheese!
I was trying to think of ways I could enjoy the elements of that sandwich without actually having a sandwich and this idea came to mind. I felt pretty good it would work, because if you have The Skinnytaste Cookbook, you may be familiar with my Cuban Sandwich Stuffed Pork Tenderloin which is a similar idea.
This turned out even better than I could have imagined! The pork with juicy, cheese was hot and melted and this had so much flavor. Pork tenderloin is very lean cut, if you don’t eat pork, you can use a turkey tenderloin instead.
How To Make Reuben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Rueben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
This Rueben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin is stuffed with all the elements of a classic Reuben sandwich – pastrami, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing and Swiss cheese!
- 18 ounce trimmed pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp thousand Island dressing
- 2 oz thin sliced turkey pastrami
- 2 oz reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- inch of bottom (careful not to cut all the way through). Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another, lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2-inch of bottom; cover with plastic wrap.
- Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a mallet.
- Remove plastic wrap; spread the Thousand Island along one side of the pork. Layer the pastrami on top, then the Swiss cheese and sauerkraut along the center of the pork.
- Roll up pork jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie the roast at 2-inch intervals with kitchen string each about 12-inches long, then rub the pork with olive oil.
- Combine the garlic powder, salt and caraway seeds in a small bowl; rub the mixture over the pork.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan; bake, uncovered, at 425° until a meat thermometer reads 160°, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter or cutting board. Let it stand 10 minutes before removing string and slicing. Slice into 8 pieces.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 slices
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 250 calories
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 34g