Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner
Assemble this super easy chicken and vegetable dinner on a sheet pan (or two) and pop it into your oven for a delicious, fuss-free meal. For easy clean-up, line your sheet pan with foil or parchment.
Sheet Pan Italian Chicken and Veggie
This meal, made with colorful vegetables and boneless skinless chicken thighs (which are much juicier than breasts) are tossed with a simple Italian dressing marinade that can be marinaded ahead and roasted just before dinner. If you want to add grains to your meal, quinoa or brown rice would be a great addition.
Sheetpan Italian Chicken and Veggie Dinner
For the Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, omit for Paleo and Whole 30
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the sheetpan:
- cooking spray
- 8 4 oz each boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounces zucchini, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine the Italian seasoning ingredients in a large bowl. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then add the chicken, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and red onion to the bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray 2 large nonstick sheetpans with oil or use parchment or foil for easy cleanup. Arrange the center rack and lower third.
- Arrange everything onto the prepared baking sheets spread out into a single layer. The vegetables and chicken should not touch.
- Bake about 20 minutes, turn chicken and vegetables and bake an additional 10 minutes, until roasted and tender. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Let the cooked dish cool completely.
- Portion it into freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed through 20 minutes.