Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs and Veggies
This meal is made with colorful vegetables and boneless, skinless chicken thighs, which are much juicier than breasts, and tossed with a simple Italian dressing marinade. The ingredients can be marinated ahead and roasted just before dinner. More sheet pan chicken recipes I love are this Sheet Pan Balsamic Herb Chicken and Vegetables and One Pan Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Broccoli.
Sheet Pan Chicken Ingredients
- Italian Seasoning: Salt, onion powder, dried oregano and basil, thyme, sugar, black pepper, crushed garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar
- Chicken: Trim the fat from eight boneless, skinless chicken thighs and season them with salt.
- Vegetables: Zucchini, carrots, red and yellow bell peppers, red onion
- Parsley: Garnish with flat-leaf parsley.
How to Make Baked Chicken Thighs
- Marinate: Combine the Italian seasoning ingredients in a large bowl. Season the chicken with salt and then add it and the vegetables to the bowl. Toss everything to coat and marinate it for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight. Since you will be baking the vegetables, marinating them with the chicken is safe.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 450° Spray two large nonstick sheet pans with oil, or line them with parchment or foil. Put the vegetables and chicken on the pans in a single layer, ensuring nothing touches. You want everything to roast, not steam.
- Bake the pans for 20 minutes, turn the chicken and veggies over, and roast for an additional 10 minutes. Top with parsley and serve.
What goes well with Italian chicken?
This sheet pan chicken and veggies dish is a complete meal as is. If you want to add grains, quinoa or brown rice would be great. You could also serve the baked chicken thighs with mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes. I wouldn’t recommend pasta since there isn’t much sauce.
How to Freeze Baked Chicken Thighs
Leftover chicken and vegetables will last in the refrigerator for three days, or you can freeze the mixture. Once the meal completely cools, portion it into containers and freeze it for up to three months. To eat, thaw the food in the fridge overnight and reheat it in a 325°F-oven for about 20 minutes.
- Whole 30 and Paleo-Compliant: Omit the sugar in the seasoning.
- Herbs: You can use dried thyme in the seasoning if you don’t have fresh. Also, if you’re missing an herb, try it with dried rosemary or parsley.
- Vegetables: Sub the veggies with whatever you have on hand. Cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts would all be good.
- Chicken: If you would chicken breasts, bake them for 20 minutes total. If you use bone-in thighs, remove the vegetables after 30 minutes and bake the thighs for an extra 10 minutes.
More Baked Chicken Thigh Recipes:
- Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels and Sweet Potato
- Turmeric-Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Apple Cider Chicken and Cabbage
- Turmeric-Braised Chicken with Golden Beets and Leeks
- Sticky Tamarind Chicken with Crisp Lettuce
Sheet Pan Italian Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs and Veggies
For the Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, omit for Paleo and Whole 30
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the sheetpan:
- cooking spray
- 8 4 oz each boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 12 ounces zucchini, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Combine the Italian seasoning ingredients in a large bowl. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then add the chicken, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers and red onion to the bowl and toss well to coat. Marinate 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray 2 large nonstick sheetpans with oil or use parchment or foil for easy cleanup. Arrange the center rack and lower third.
- Arrange everything onto the prepared baking sheets spread out into a single layer. The vegetables and chicken should not touch.
- Bake about 20 minutes, turn chicken and vegetables and bake an additional 10 minutes, until roasted and tender. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Let the cooked dish cool completely.
- Portion it into freezer containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in a 325°F oven until warmed through 20 minutes.