Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
The perfect ending to a meal is a homemade warm fruit crisp topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Spring rhubarb and strawberries are the perfect combination of sweet and tart and work so well together for this comforting dessert.
I can’t pass up rhubarb whenever I see it in the farmer’s market and lately it’s been showing up more frequently in my local supermarket.
If whipped cream is not your thing, I also LOVE eating this with a scoop of frozen yogurt, yum!!
Calories: 219.1 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 3 g • Carb: 38.4 g • Fiber: 3.8 g • Sugar: 23.9 g
Sodium 2.8 mg
- 20 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 12 ounces rhubarb stalks (about 5 or 6) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup quick oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup 100% gluten-free or white whole wheat flour
- 2.25 ounces light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine strawberries and rhubarb in an oven safe dish.
Then orange juice and orange zest; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss until fruit is well coated.
Mix remaining ingredients for the topping in a medium bowl then spread over fruit.
Bake until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt or whipped cream if desired.