Chicken and vegetables seasoned with sage, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, then baked in the oven. A delicious healthy meal, with very little clean-up.
This great Italian dish was from my cooking session with my good friend Julia of Julia's Healthy Italian. She's a mom of four small kids, an amazing cook and was so sweet to share this dish with all of you.
Prep time is quick, throw it in the oven and dinner is ready in 35-40 minutes. For easy clean up you can make this in disposable tins.
Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 5 • Size: 2 thighs plus vegetables • Old Points: 8 pts • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 347.1 • Fat: 17.0g • Protein: 31.1 g • Carb: 19.2 g • Fiber: 5.8 g
- 10 (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20 medium asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 cup carrots, sliced in half long way
- 2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
- 2 tbsp oregano or thyme
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped