Mustard Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (I used thyme, oregano and basil)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp good quality Dijon mustard (I like Maille Dijon Originale)
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- minced parsley for serving (optional)
Cut each breast in half lengthwise to create 2 cutlets. Place chicken breasts in between a sheet of plastic wrap and lightly pound chicken to even thickness (I like to do this to ensure the breast cooks evenly but it’s not absolutely necessary). Season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper.
Heat a large sauté pan over med-high heat. Once pan is hot, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Place 2 chicken breasts in the pan and brown each side, carefully flipping with a spatula, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.