Poached eggs, asparagus and shaved Pecorino Romano over tri-colored fettucini pasta. This simple vegetarian dish comes together quick!
Poached Eggs over Pasta and Asparagus
Poached eggs create a silky sauce over this simple vegetarian pasta dish – ready in less than 15 minutes! It’s the perfect budget meal for less than ten dollars, but don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish!
If you ask me, eggs, pasta and asparagus go together so well with some fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese. I love how poached eggs create a velvety pasta sauce when the yolks are broken. Combined with a few simple ingredients like seasonal asparagus, Pecorino Romano, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, you have dinner on the table in minutes.
How To Poach An Egg
More Asparagus Recipes
- Parmesan Asparagus Fries
- Roasted Asparagus
- Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Asparagus
- Chili Shrimp Asparagus Stir Fry
- Asparagus and Cheese Frittata
Asparagus and Poached Eggs over Pasta
- Cut asparagus on an angle to one-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to instructions for al dente.
- Two minutes before pasta is done, add the asparagus.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta and asparagus in colander.
- Meanwhile while pasta water is boiling, poach eggs in an egg poacher or see above to make them without. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Drain pasta then add back to pot along with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Divide pasta among four bowls, top with poached egg, shaved cheese, fresh cracked pepper and salt if desired.
- To eat, break the yolk and mix well with pasta, top with additional cheese if desired and enjoy!!