These EASY Bacon Topped Petite Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce are so moist with the addition of grated zucchini to the meatloaf mix!
We have turkey meatloaf at least once a month. I like to switch it up so I am not always making the same one, sometimes we have this Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf, and sometimes we keep it simple and make Classic Turkey Meatloaf. But if you like the smoky-sweet flavor of BBQ sauce AND the taste of bacon, then your family will love these petite turkey meatloaves with some hidden zucchini inside!
Making them smaller means the cook faster! You can use your favorite BBQ sauce, but I love making this with my homemade BBQ sauce. I made them in a petite loaf pan but you can also make them in a muffin tin.
How To Make Moist Turkey Meatloaf
- My secret to extra moist meatloaf is adding shredded zucchini to the mix. I’ve done this before in my and meatloaf cupcakes and it turns out great and no one knows it’s in there.
- I also prefer to use 93% percent lean turkey rather than 99% which I find comes out a bit dry.
- To make this gluten-free swap the breadcrumbs for gluten-free oats
- To make this in one larger loaf pan, bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- I used a petite loaf pan, if you don’t have one use a muffin tin or just form them into mini loaves with your hands on a sheet pan.
Bacon Topped Petite Turkey Meatloaf with BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 2 tbsp diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, you can use gluten-free crumbs too
- 1/4 cup Kansas City BBQ Sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.3 lb raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cut in half
- 2 1/2 tbsp Kansas City BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly spray the petite loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, red pepper, breadcrumbs, BBQ sauce, egg, paprika and salt. Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
- Create 5 equal loafs and place them into the loaf pan. Place the 2 bacon halves over each loaf and top each with 1/2 tbsp additional BBQ sauce.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Pin It To Save For Later!