The best tasting, moist turkey meatloaf recipe stuffed with cheddar cheese, spinach and rolled, jelly roll style topped with a ketchup based glaze.
Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
We love turkey meatloaf for dinner, it’s total comfort food. Using turkey in place of beef in your meatloaf lightens it up and it’s delicious! Stuffing it with cheese and spinach – total game changer!!
I love sneaking some extra veggies in my meatloaf, no one minds and it only enhances the meatloaf. Here I added mushrooms and spinach inside which means, picky kids can’t pick them out!
What To Serve with Stuffed Meatloaf
How To Make Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
To make this meatloaf jelly roll style, I think the photos will help as a visual guide. You’ll use a piece of parchment to help you roll it, just take your time rolling, I have faith you can do it!
Turkey Meatloaf Variations
- You can swap the cheddar for mozzarella and swap the ketchup glaze for marinara for an Italian flair.
- Instead of the ketchup glaze, you can use BBQ sauce to give it a smokey flavor.
- If you think rolling will be a challenge, you can just mix everything together and form 2 loaves.
- Gluten-free oats can be used in place of breadcrumbs to make this gluten-free.
- I prefer the taste of 93% lean turkey over 99% which is much drier.
- This makes enough for leftovers, you can reheat this the next day or make sandwiches. Refrigerate 3 to 4 days.
More meatloaf recipes you might enjoy:
- Turkey Meatloaf
- Bacon Topped Petite Turkey Meatloaf
- Skillet Harissa Meatloaf
- Giant Turkey Meatball Parmesan
- Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- olive oil spray
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 cup 4 ounces reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 oz chopped fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking olive oil spray over medium heat and saute shallot until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, mushrooms, shallot, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, salt and marjoram. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of parchment paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground turkey followed by the spinach. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting wax paper and removing the paper as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, brush the sauce over roll, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice into 16 slices and serve.