I was never a fan of string beans until I learned how to cook them properly. Now I love them. The trick is not to overcook them. This is a quick, healthy side dish for all you garlic lovers out there.
String Beans with Garlic and Oil
- 1 lb fresh string beans, washed, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- salt and fresh pepper
- Bring a large saucepan filled with 1 inch of water to a boil.
- Lower a steamer basket filled with the green beans into it, tightly cover the pan, and steam for 4-5 minutes (don't overcook), until the beans are tender crisp. Drain.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add string beans, salt and fresh pepper to taste and toss well.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.