Deliciously Baked Corn and Crab Cakes made with lump crab and sweet summer corn. Bake them in the oven or air fryer!
Baked Corn and Crab Cakes
If you love crab cakes, you may also love these Waffled Crab Cakes, Baked Lump Crab Cakes with Red Pepper Chipotle Lime Sauce and even Crab Cakes Benedict with Avocado Relish (also good as a breakfast!).
The end of summer always makes me a little sad. I love the warm weather, sunshine, being outdoors, and of course the selections of fresh fruits and vegetables available to us. There is a small part of me that is excited about fall and the change of seasons, but I am absolutely getting the most out of my favorite summer vegetables while I can.
These crab cakes which I adapted from this recipe were delightful with little sweet bits of corn in each bite. There is no need to cook the corn, it cooks as it bakes. Serve them with a salad and some fresh garden tomatoes and you have yourself a meal.
The trick to making sure the crab cakes hold together is to refrigerate them before baking, so don’t skip that step.
More Crab Recipes
- Waffled Crab Cakes
- Crab Cakes Benedict with Avocado Relish
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Avocado
- Summer Crab Salad with Tomatoes and Avocado
- Crab Guacamole
Baked Corn and Crab Cakes
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh
- 1 cup about 30 reduced-fat Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fat free yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 16 oz premium lump crab meat, picked free of shells
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine corn, crushed crackers, eggs, scallions, pepper, mayo, yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then fold in crab meat, careful not to over mix so the crab remains in large chunks.
- Gently shape into 8 patties using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Bake about 24 to 28 minutes turning halfway, or until golden brown.
Air Fryer Method
- Air fry, in batches 370F until the edges are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes turning halfway.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess Larson
120 comments on “Baked Corn and Crab Cakes”
It taste very good but mine stuck to the pan and fell apart. I don’t know what I did wrong. I put them in the refrigerator.