Chicken with Roasted Tomato and Red Onion
Chicken with roasted tomato, red onion, garlic and herbs adds tons of flavor to this simple dish. Adding a pinch of red pepper flakes adds just a touch of heat, while the basil adds freshness to this easy, weeknight chicken dish.
Chicken with Tomato and Onion
This summer chicken dish is perfect when you want to whip up something quick, easy and light! A naturally gluten free, dairy free and low carb dish, great for a keto diet. More of my favorite easy chicken recipes are Caprese Chicken Skillet, Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella. Also this Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa.
These roasted veggies are so good so good together and so pretty. This would also be great over fish such as flounder or sole. This is such a light, guiltless meal I would eat for lunch. Since the points are so low, you can easily make this a heartier meal, especially if making this for dinner. I would serve this with a side of rice, roasted potatoes or squash or even over a bed of salad with maybe a drizzle of balsamic.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Spaghetti with sauteed chicken and grape tomatoes
- Chicken Taco Rice Bowls
- Arroz con Pollo
- Chicken Tacos
- Indian Chicken Curry
Chicken with Roasted Tomato and Red Onions
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed with side of knife
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 pound total boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, herbs de Provence, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Toss to evenly coat and transfer to a sheet pan lightly sprayed with olive oil.
- Roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise into 2 thin cutlets.
- Season both sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Spray a large non-stick grill pan or skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot add chicken and cook about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
- To serve: Top chicken with roasted veggies and garnish with remaining basil.