Whip up this delicious Chocolate Frozen Yogurt from scratch any night of the week! Simply prep your base, freeze overnight, process, and enjoy!
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
Making delicious frozen yogurt from scratch could not be any easier to make using the Ninja™ CREAMi® and Stonyfield Organic Yogurt! Today I am sharing this amazing chocolate froyo that my daughter and husband loved! Have fun playing around with different flavors, I’ve also tested vanilla chocolate chips froyo and an amazing blueberry version I’ll be sharing soon.
I partnered with Stonyfield Organic and Ninja to create this healthier frozen treat. Since there is no heavy cream in this recipe, I used their Whole Milk Smooth & Creamy Plain Yogurt to give it more of a creamy consistency. Since I am watching my sugar intake, I used monk fruit sweetener, but you can of course use cane sugar or any sweetener you like, if you prefer.
About the Ninja CREAMi
- The Ninja™ CREAMi® transforms frozen solid bases into ice cream, sorbets, milkshakes, and more at the touch of a button to make an incredibly smooth, creamy texture in minutes.
- The one-touch programs allow for the perfect combination of speed, pressure, and time to completely shave through your frozen pint. Choose between Ice Cream, Sorbet, Gelato, Milkshake, Smoothie Bowl, Lite Ice Cream, and Mix-in.
- Just three easy steps. Simply prep your base, freeze overnight, process, and enjoy!
- Want more recipe ideas? You can find tons of inspiration on Ninja’s website.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Plain Whole Milk Stonyfield Organic yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Monk fruit sweetener with erythritol, or sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk of choice, I used 2%
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl whisk the yogurt, monk fruit sweetener, cocoa powder, agave and vanilla extract until dissolved.
- Whisk in the milk to combine.
- Pour into an empty Creami pint. Place storage lid on pint and freeze flat (make sure it’s not on an angle) for 24 hours.
- Remove pint from freezer and remove the lid.
- Assemble bowl into machine as referred to in the manual and select ICE CREAM.
- When processing is complete, open and if it looks crumbly, add it back to the machine and press the re-spin button and process a little more.
- Remove ice cream from pint and serve right away.
- Top with your favorite ice cream toppings! I love it drizzled with a little chocolate syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stonyfield and Ninja Kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own