Grilled Chicken Chickpea Salad is a fresh and simple high-protein lunch that can be eaten cold on the go at work, the beach, or anywhere else you’re headed this summer.
Grilled Chicken Chickpea Salad
This Grilled Chicken Chickpea Salad is topped with feta cheese, an easy and inexpensive lunch . Chickpeas are one of my favorite pantry staples – I always have a can on hand. Each serving of this salad has 30 grams of protein, which you can increase by adding more grilled chicken or leftover chicken breast from a roasted chicken. It’s also high in fiber. More easy, budget-friendly high-protein lunch recipes are this Chickpea Tuna Salad, Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl, and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
Chickpeas are one of my favorite legumes so I always keep my pantry stocked with cans. It’s a great pantry staple, that’s inexpensive and loaded with fiber! If you’re on a high protein diet, you can check out all my high protein recipes here.
Grilled Chicken Chickpea Salad Ingredients
Here are the ingredients in this Greek-inspired chickpea salad.
- Protein: Grilled chicken, chickpeas, feta
- Vegetables: Mini cucumbers, grape or cherry tomatoes, red onion
- Dressing: Extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt, dried oregano
How to Meal Prep
This chicken chickpea salad recipe makes enough for two servings, but feel free to double or triple the recipe to feed more people. You can meal prep this salad the night before you plan on eating it.
- Combine the chicken, chickpeas, and vegetables with half of the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide into two food-storage containers, and top with feta, oregano, and the remaining lemon and oil.
- Chickpeas: You can swap the chickpeas for canned white beans.
- Cucumber: I used mini cucumbers, which have a thin skin and don’t require peeling. An English or Persian cucumber would also work if you can’t find the mini ones. If you buy a regular cucumber, peel the skin off as it’s thicker and more bitter.
- Onion: Swap red onion for shallot.
- Tomatoes: Sub sundried tomatoes for fresh.
- Vegetables: Add avocado or bell pepper for more veggies.
- Lettuce: Serve this chicken chickpea salad over mixed greens or chopped romaine.
- Cheese: If you don’t like feta, skip it.
- Herbs: Substitute dried basil or thyme for oregano or use fresh herbs.
More Chickpea Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Egg Salad
- Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Brussels and Chickpea Salad with Artichokes
- North African Spiced Shrimp and Chickpea Salad
- Combine chickpeas, chicken, cucumbers, tomato and red onion with 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and toss.
- Divide on 2 plates and top with feta, dried oregano and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.