This Mediterranean Bean Salad is so light and fresh, made with lemon juice, mint and parsley. This can be served as a side dish, perfect for potlucks or to make it a main for lunch serve it over spiralized cucumbers.
For the spiralized cucumber, I used one medium English cucumber which made enough for two servings using my Inspiralizer. This only adds about 12 calories to the whole salad. Be sure to cut them into shorter pieces before eating.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
- 1 15.5-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, parsley, and mint.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice until smooth and emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and veggies, add ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste and carefully toss with a large metal spoon. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes so flavors combine.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.