Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Dip
This healthy dip is easy to make and taste great with crudites such as cucumbers, peppers, zucchini and celery. Similar to Hummus, only it’s made without tahini. You can substitute jarred roasted peppers if you wish but freshly roasted peppers are best. Chick peas are high in dietary fiber, protein, folate and zinc.
Chick Pea and Roasted Pepper Dip
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 roasted red pepper, skin and seeds removed
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, leaves only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and fresh pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Add a little water if it is too thick.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with fresh vegetables like cucumbers, peppers, celery, or whatever you desire.