One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac recipe is so easy and protein packed! Made with taco seasoning, beans, and pasta shells topped with cheese is a favorite in my home! Bonus points for dirtying only one pot!
Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac
Chili mac and cheese is pure comfort in a bowl and thanks to the protein and fiber, it’s also filling and the perfect family-friendly recipe. If you love chili as much as me, you may also enjoy this Quick Beef Chili Recipe or my most popular Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili.
How To Make Chili Mac
You can use white or whole wheat pasta in this recipe, but I wanted to make this a gluten free dish because my aunt who is gluten intolerant was eating with me. I’ve heard all good things about DeLallo Gluten Free Pasta from my friend who swears by it and I was honestly blown away.
It was by far the best GF pasta I’ve ever tried, in fact I even prefer it over whole wheat and I ‘m thinking I might be using this pasta all the time. Great taste, firm texture with the perfect al dente bite. And I loved how it didn’t get soggy after sitting in the chili hours later.
Although Madison wouldn’t eat this because she won’t eat beans, I gave some to my friend Tara to test out on her finicky 5 year old son and he LOVED it!
More Chili Recipes You May Like:
- Chicken Taco Chili
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili
- Crock Pot Kid Friendly Chili
- Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker 3-Bean Chili
One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac
For the homemade taco seasoning:
For the Chili:
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz can pink or red beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 can, 8 oz fat-free refried beans
- 1 15 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth*
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 8 oz DeLallo Gluten Free shells, or DeLallo whole wheat
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded sharp cheddar cheese*
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- *Check labels for gluten-free
- Heat a large Dutch oven or pot with a fitted lid over medium-high heat and spray with oil, brown the turkey breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- When cooked through, add the onions, garlic, pepper and taco seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta and simmer uncovered over medium heat until al dente, about 6 minutes or according to package directions.
- Remove the pot from heat and top with the cheese, cover and let sit for about 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cilantro and scallions.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Pin It To Save For Later!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by DeLallo. I only share products I use in my own kitchen. I created this recipe and received compensation to do