This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This hearty sweet potato hash recipe with chicken and eggs is perfect for breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner!
Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs
I love the combination of sweet potatoes with chicken and eggs in this savory dish. The sweet potatoes are sauteed with onions and thyme that make the whole dish feel like fall. It’s delicious, and a great way to use up any leftovers from a rotisserie chicken. Top it with a few dashes of Sriracha or Franks hot sauce and it’s over-the-top good!
It’s also the perfect one pot dish, start to finish it’s made all in one skillet. So that means there’s also less dishes to wash – a win in my book!
- Leftover turkey would also be great in place of chicken.
- For time-saving convenience, you can use pre-cut sweet potatoes.
- Switch up the herbs by using Herbs de Provence, sage or rosemary in place of thyme.
How To Make Sweet Potato Chicken Hash
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Baked Sweet Potato Skins
Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs
Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs is grreat for breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 /4 of recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces peeled sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tsp fresh or 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 oz leftover rotisserie chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil and onions to the pan and cook until the onions are golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and thyme, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, paprika and pinch of black pepper and stir to combine.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp water, cover and cook the sweet potatoes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and tender, about 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken to the skillet and cook 2 minutes, uncovered.
- Make 4 wide wells in the hash. Crack 1 egg into each well and season with salt and pepper and cover.
- Cook until the whites are set, but the yolks are still runny, about 5 to 7 minutes. Top with fresh herbs.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /4 of recipe, Calories: 265 kcal, Carbohydrates: 18 g, Protein: 25 g, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 222 mg, Sodium: 328 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 3 g