These hasselback sweet potatoes are sliced and roasted in the oven, then drizzled with balsamic and topped with parmesan and fresh herbs. They can be enjoyed as a side dish for eight, or as a meatless main for four people. A delicious sweet potato recipe!
Parmesan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Another sweet potato recipe favorite is Baked Sweet Potato Skins with refried black beans, salsa and cheddar as an appetizer.
My husband loves sweet potatoes (loaded with butter) but I prefer mine more on the savory side, such as this. I had this for lunch over some baby greens and felts satisfied, but this would be beautiful on your Thanksgiving table if you would like to serve this as a side.
And speaking of Thanksgiving, I know the holidays can be a stressful time. Between traveling, extra calories being consumed and stress of having to take care of so many people, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
That’s why I find it’s so important to take care of myself during this time of year. In addition to making healthy and delicious food, I track my points on Weight Watchers and I hit the gym to work out any stress. It’s a guaranteed way to feel great, quickly.
More sweet potato recipes you might enjoy:
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes
- No Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili
- Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
- Turmeric Roasted Sweet Potato and Macadamia Soup
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Marinara and Mozzarella
Parmesan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Glaze
- 4 medium sweet potatoes 7 oz each
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze I used Delallo*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a large, sharp knife, make ¼-inch slices down the length of each potato, cutting only 3/4 of the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and olive oil.
- Place the potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle half of the the olive oil/butter mixture over the top of each potato, then toss to evenly coat.
- Place potatoes on a small baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender inside and caramelized and crisp on the outside.
- Drizzle with remaining butter/oil and sprinkle with parmesan, herbs and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
*To make your own glaze, bring ¼ cup balsamic vinegar to a gentle boil over medium heat until it thickens and reduces by half, about 3-4 minutes. Makes 2 tablespoons.