Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing
Easy Caesar Salad Dressing using the core ingredients which make up the classic: lemon + parmesan + anchovies, lightened up with Greek yogurt.
Healthy Caesar Salad Dressing
You can serve this with romaine lettuce and grilled chicken for a fabulous light summer salad. You can also use this dressing recipe to make my Shrimp Scampi Tacos with Caesar Slaw. I also have a Vegan Caesar Salad made dairy free using raw cashews.
Serve this over romaine lettuce with croutons to make it a Caesar salad, and your favorite protein to make it a meal.
I’ve been using Anne Burrell’s Eggless Caesar Dressing recipe for a long time, it’s restaurant quality and you don’t miss the egg. I took a chance and replaced the olive oil with Greek yogurt and I was surprised how well it turned out. Good cheese is a must, I only use Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, that powdered stuff that comes in a plastic container just doesn’t cut it!
How to add more protein to salad:
- Try this with grilled chicken
- Add grilled salmon
- Add grilled shrimp
- Add hard boiled eggs and chickpeas
How to Sub Anchovy Paste for Anchovies
If you prefer to use anchovy paste here, a good rule of thumb is 1 anchovy fillet = 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste.
And for those of you who don’t like anchovies, sure you can leave it out, but I think they make the dressing. Your choice!
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Low Fat Blue Cheese Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing
- Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
Skinny Caesar Dressing
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- In the bowl of a food processor add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and the anchovies.
- Turn the machine on and let it run for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the oil and yogurt and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.