Creamy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing is made with classic ingredients like Parmesan cheese, lemon and anchovies, lightened up with Greek yogurt.
Healthy Caesar Salad Dressing
Perfect to make your favorite Caesar Salad from scratch with real ingredients, no artificial add ins you’d find on most store bought salad dressings. You can serve this with romaine lettuce and grilled chicken for a fabulous light summer salad. You can also use this dressing recipe to make my Shrimp Scampi Tacos with Caesar Slaw. I also have a Vegan Caesar Salad made dairy free using raw cashews.
Serve this over romaine lettuce with croutons to make it a Caesar salad, and your favorite protein to make it a meal.
I’ve been using Anne Burrell’s Eggless Caesar Dressing recipe for a long time, it’s restaurant quality and you don’t miss the egg. I took a chance and replaced the olive oil with Greek yogurt and I was surprised how well it turned out. Good cheese is a must, I only use Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano, that powdered stuff that comes in a plastic container just doesn’t cut it!
How to add more protein to salad:
This Caesar salad dressing uses yogurt which adds some protein. To add even more protein to your salad try this:
- Add grilled chicken to your salad
- Grilled salmon or shrimp also make a wonderful addition to caesar salad
- To keep it meatless add hard boiled eggs and chickpeas
How to Sub Anchovy Paste for Anchovies
If you prefer to use anchovy paste, here’s a good rule of thumb: 1 anchovy fillet = 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste.
For those of you who don’t like anchovies, sure you can leave it out, but I think they make the dressing. Your choice!
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Low Fat Blue Cheese Dressing
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing
- Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad Dressing
- In the bowl of a food processor add the cheese, the lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and the anchovies.
- Turn the machine on and let it run for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Add the oil and yogurt and let the machine run for another 15 seconds.