Passover Matzo Pizza
A matzo cracker makes a great base for a pizza that kids and adults will love for Passover! Top it with your favorite vegetables and cheese and you have yourself a quick meal.
Skinny Matzo Pizza
I love making pizza’s out of just about anything, my daughter will eat just about anything if I top it with sauce and cheese (yup, even zucchini pizza). A while back I posted a recipe for my favorite quick Lavash Pizza and someone commented how they do the same with Matzo so when I got requests for Passover recipes, this was the first thing that came to mind.
I personally love red onions and olives on my pizza, but you could slices of bell pepper, baby spinach, mushrooms… you name it! For my daughter I kept it basic, sauce and cheese and she loved it!
A matzo cracker makes a great base for a pizza that kids and adults will love! Top it with your favorite vegetables and cheese and you have yourself a quick meal.
- 4 fat free matzo crackers
- 6 tbsp crushed tomatoes (I used Tuttorosso)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella (Kosher for religious purposes)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced paper thin
- a few thin slices of red onion
- 12 black olives
- 1/4 cup fresh basil for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place a rack on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes on each matzo.
- Don’t put too much or it will get soggy.
- Sprinkle with oregano then top with tomatoes and onions.
- Top with 1/4 cup of cheese on each one, olives and bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5-6 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings , Serving Size: 1 pizza
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 230 calories
- Total Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 12g