My husband and I are not fans of raw carrots, but add lemon juice and Dijon and it’s a game changer – we LOVE them!!
An easy 5-ingredient carrot salad that is lemony, bright and delicious! You don’t need a spiralizer to make it, you can use pre-shredded carrots or use a potato peeler to cut the carrots into ribbons.
If you do happen to come across really thick carrots, they are perfect for spiralizing (they should be at least 1 -1/2 inches in diameter). You can usually find thick carrots at the farmers market or sold loose in the grocery store. And for those of you who often ask what spiralizer I use, pictured below is the Inspiralizer, the best quality spiralizer if you want to easily spiralize those tougher vegetables like carrots and butternut.
A perfect side dish for chicken, grilled steaks or even fish. If you want to turn this into a main dish for lunch, I think it would be great with grilled chicken and crumbled feta added.
Spiralized Carrot Salad with Lemon and Dijon
- 1 pound carrots, 1.5″ in diameter, peeled
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- Spiralize the carrots using a spiralizer, cut the spirals into 6 inch lengths. (alternatively you can use pre-shredded carrots).
- In a large work bowl, combine the dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Add the carrots and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.