Skinny Pumpkin Pie
A Thanksgiving dessert table is never complete without the pumpkin pie. Did you think I would leave it out? Well I just couldn’t. This recipe is quick and easy, and I found a really simple solution to a lighter pie crust using store bought crust…
(he he, you’re going to love this!)
I rolled it out thinner.
Isn’t that genius?!! I thought it was, although I can’t take full credit; someone left a comment on my sweet potato pie, brilliant!! Since I had all the extra dough, I cut out some leaves, pumpkins and letters with a cookie cutter to make it pretty. Of course, this will increase the calories if you do so. I calculated the pie crust based on Pillsbury, using just under 5 oz dough.
Pumpkin pie filling is really easy to make from scratch, which I prefer to do. I roasted the pumpkin the night before, then pureed it in a food processor. The step-by-step tutorial is here.
Skinny Pumpkin Pie
- 15 oz canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)*
- 2 tbsp whipped butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie crust sheet, Pillsbury (thawed to room temperature)*
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust a large cutting board or flat surface with flour. Roll out a room temperature pie crust sheet, so that it becomes thin enough to cut off about 30%, so that your final crust is 5 oz.
- Place into a 9-inch pie dish, cutting off excess dough.
- Place pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add butter, and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, mix in brown sugar, milk, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Bake about 70 to 75 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into 10 slices and serve with whipped coconut cream or whipped cream if desired.
Yield: 10 Servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 137
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 23.5mg
- Sodium: 114mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 16.5g
- Protein: 3g
To make the letters and leaves, I used Wilton’s Harvest Mini Metal Cookie Cutters and these metal letters to make the word PIE. Brushed it with a little egg white wash that I mixed with a drop of water, then baked 350°F until golden 12 to 15 minutes on a baking sheet.
Hope you enjoy!