Baked Pears Recipe
My favorite way to enjoy fall fruit is baked, sometimes with a little yogurt, or a little ice cream for dessert, much like I do with these delicious baked apples. Here, I baked the pears with cinnamon, honey and walnuts – it doesn’t get simpler that this!
I had some beautiful ripe Royal Riviera pears on my counter from Harry & David and didn’t want to waste them, so I cut them in half, cored them and baked them in the oven this morning. While they baked my kitchen smelled heavenly! They turned out even better than I hoped – I had one for breakfast with a little yogurt, but this would also make a wonderful dessert.
What are the best pears for baking?
I love Royal Riviera, Bosc and Anjou for baking for the best texture and taste.
How To Make Baked Pears
Your comments are helpful!! If you’ve tried this healthy Baked Pear Recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! And if you took some photos of video, share it with me on Instagram or Tiktok!
Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey
- 2 large ripe pears
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- optional yogurt or frozen yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the pears in half and place on a baking sheet (I cut a sliver off the other end so they sat upright).
- Using a measuring spoon or melon baller, scoop out the seeds.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each one.
- Bake in the oven 30 minutes. Remove, let cool and enjoy!