Banana Foster Crepes combine two of my favorite desserts – homemade crepes and bananas fosters! This slimmed down make-over is delicious and perfect anytime you’re craving something sweet!
Banana Foster Crepes
Although this dessert would typically be loaded with calories, the trick to keeping this light is using very ripe bananas so you don’t have to add too much sugar. It’s the perfect dessert whenever you have ripe bananas sitting on your counter begging to be used. You might also like my healthy Baked Bananas!
Served warm in a crepe topped with a little ice cream of frozen yogurt, you’ll have a very happy family whenever you make this!
The crepes are easy, they are made in the blender and can be made with any milk, dairy, soy or nut milk. I usually use white whole wheat flour, but they also work with a gluten-free flour blend.
If you don’t want to make the whole batch, you can refrigerate the crepes and bananas you don’t eat, then reheat in the microwave.
How To Make Banana Foster Crepes
How to Make Gluten Free Crepes:
To make them gluten-free, I had great success with Bobs Redmill 1 to 1 flour mix. Increase the milk by 2 tablespoons to thin the batter.
Blender Crepes Tips and Tricks:
- A crepe pan can be used, but it’s not necessary, a good 8 inch non-stick skillet with a 6 inch bottom will work just fine.
- Wait until the skillet is hot before adding the batter, you should here it sizzle quietly when you pour it on the pan.
- Spray the pan after making each one to prevent sticking.
- You can make the crepes ahead, place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap then reheat a few at a time in the microwave.
Banana Foster Crepes
For the Crepes (makes 6):
- 1/2 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups 1% milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, olive or grapeseed
- nonstick spray
For the Bananas Foster:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salted butter, coconut oil for dairy-free
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices on the bias
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, or dairy-free ice cream
- In a blender, blend flour, milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown.
- Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining crepe mixture until you have 6.
- For the bananas, melt the butter over low heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and let the sauce simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced bananas, gently spooning the sauce over each piece and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bananas are glossy and coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the bananas in the center of each crepe and fold the left and right side of the crepes to cover.
- Top each crepe with 2 tablespoons ice cream, and any pan juices from the bananas on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.