Broiled Miso Salmon
Broiled Miso Salmon, I’m a little obsessed with this dish (my favorite fish!). It’s perfectly charred on the edges with crisp skin and the sweet miso marinade is to die for!
It also happens to be a super easy dinner – marinade it overnight with 3 ingredients, then broil it the next day, it’s ready in under 10 minutes! I served this with yesterday’s Asian chopped salad but this is also great with rice, quinoa or even cauliflower “fried rice”.
White miso (fermented soybean paste) will keep for several months in the refrigerator. It’s also great used in soups, salad dressings and marinades. If you’re not a fan of salmon, this would also work great with black cod filets or Arctic Char.
Broiled Miso Salmon
I’m a little obsessed with this salmon (my favorite fish!). It’s perfectly charred on the edges with crisp skin and the sweet miso marinade is to die for!
- 1 pound wild salmon, skin-on, cut into 4 equal portions
- 1/4 cup white miso (available at amazon, or Asian, gourmet markets)
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 scallion, green parts only, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine miso, mirin, garlic and ginger.
- Pour 1/4 of the marinade in a shallow dish or glass pie plate, place fish flesh-side down, and top with remaining marinade. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinade at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to broil high.
- Transfer fish to a sheet pan lined with foil. Discard excess marinade.
- Place fish on the second rack from the top and broil 6-7 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- If you wish to serve the fish without the skin, carefully slide a fish spatula between the skin and flesh.
- Top with scallions and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 189 calories
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 25g
Pin It To Save For Later!