There’s only one word to describe this hot grilled chicken panini with arugula, melted provolone and chipotle mayonnaise… dee-licious! Perfect for when you have leftover grilled chicken cutlets.
Chicken Arugula Provolone Panini with Chipotle
Some of my other favorite quick sandwich recipes are Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap, Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Swiss and Caramelized Onions, Lighter Shrimp Parmigiana Hero, and Asparagus Prosciutto Panini with Garlic Mayo.
I’m in love with the flavor combination of this grilled chicken panini made on Ciabatta bread. Made with melted provolone, arugula and a spicy chipotle mayonnaise.
This sandwich is perfect for lunch or dinner. You can easily prepare this for one or a family of eight!
A panini press is on my Christmas list this year. But not having one has never stopped me from making paninis before. I lightly spray the bread with oil and use my George Forman grill and it’s ready in minutes. You could even use a grill pan on the stove and place an iron skillet on top to press it down.
And if you are new to my site, don’t forget my tip on how to make a bigger sandwich for less calories!
Chicken Arugula Provolone Panini with Chipotle Mayo
- 1 tbsp Hellman's light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce or to taste
- 3 oz ciabatta sliced open
- 1.75 oz 1 thin grilled chicken cutlet
- 1 slice Sargento reduced fat provolone
- 0.5 oz about 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Smart Balance cooking spray
- Combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- You can use any hot sauce, sriracha or chipotle tabasco would also work; season to your taste.
- Spread the spicy mayonnaise inside the ciabatta.
- Lay the provolone cheese, grilled chicken and arugula in the bread; close and lightly spray the top with cooking spray.
- Place on a panini press and close until the cheese melts and the bread is toasted.
- Cut in half and eat immediately.