Shrimp Parmigiana Hero
This Shrimp Parmigiana Hero is lightened up by baking the shrimp instead of frying. I also like to scoop out some of the bread, it’s delish!
Shrimp Parmesan Hero
As the weather starts to cool, hot sandwiches make a fabulous meal, and shrimp parm heroes are one of my favorites. Ordering this from my favorite Italian restaurant would be well over 500 calories with all it’s deep fried shrimp and massive amounts of cheese. This lightened version uses my Healthy Breaded Shrimp recipe with part-skim mozzarella cheese.
For the bread, I scoop some of the bread from the center to make longer sandwiches for less calories (I weight and calculate after it’s scooped out). This would make a great addition to to your game-day menu for all the football fans out there!
More Sandwich Recipes:
- Steak and Cheese Sandwich with Onions and Mushrooms
- Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Cheese and Caramelized Onions
- Turkey Cuban Sandwich
- Slow Cooker French Dip
- Roast Beef Arugula and Shaved Parm Sandwich
Shrimp Parmigiana Hero, Lightened Up
For the shrimp:
- 16 oz jumbo shrimp
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, egg beaters
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
For the sandwich:
- 1/2 cup Marinara or your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 cup 4 oz shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz French bread, sliced into 4 pieces
- Follow cooking directions for the baked shrimp recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425° or set your broiler to low.
- When shrimp is cooked, divide shrimp equally between 4 pieces of bread. Scoop out the inside of the bread.
- Top each sandwich with 2 tbsp of sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven or broiler until the cheese melts; 2 - 3 minutes, careful not to burn if using the broiler.