Delicious and healthy baked breaded shrimp, coated with seasoned breadcrumbs, panko and grated cheese, then baked until golden.
Serve this with lemon wedges and you will have one happy family. You may want to make extra, because these shrimp disappear quickly! Some of my favorite quick shrimp recipes I love to make are Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich with Tartar Sauce, One-Skillet Mexican Shrimp Diablo and Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.
When making this recipe, I had a lot of extra bread crumbs left after I breaded the shrimp. So, I decided to double dip the shrimp into the egg mixture and breadcrumbs once again until I used them all up which gave the shrimp an extra coating and crispiness. I used whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs but you can also use gluten free breadcrumbs or Panko.
How To Serve
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Shrimp Scampi
- Creamy Shrimp and Celery Salad
- Harissa Shrimp and Chickpeas
- Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls
Healthy Breaded Shrimp
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Put the beaten eggs in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the eggs to coat.
- Put a few pieces of shrimp at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
- Once all the shrimp is breaded, if you still have crumbs left, re-dip the shrimp back into the egg beaters and then back into crumbs and back onto the baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the shrimp generously with oil then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
- Remove from oven and serve right away with lemon wedges, if desired.