Delicious and healthy baked breaded shrimp, without the added fat. Jumbo shrimp, coated with seasoned breadcrumbs, panko and grated cheese, then baked until golden.
Serve this with lemon wedges and you will have one happy family. You may want to make extra, because these shrimp disappear quickly!
When making this recipe, I had a lot of extra bread crumbs left after I breaded the shrimp. So, I decided to double dip the shrimp into the egg mixture and breadcrumbs once again until I used them all up which gave the shrimp an extra coating and crispiness. I used whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs but you can also use gluten free breadcrumbs or Panko. You can serve this by itself with lemon wedges for a light meal or appetizer, over some leafy greens as a salad or with a side of veggies. Hope you enjoy !
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Shrimp Scampi
- Creamy Shrimp and Celery Salad
- Harissa Shrimp and Chickpeas
- Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Shrimp Fajita Bowls
Healthy Breaded Shrimp
- 16 oz jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeling 12.5 oz)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, egg beaters
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray, I used my Smart Balance
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put the egg beaters in one bowl, and the breadcrumbs, panko and parmesan cheese in another.
- Wash and dry the shrimp.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, then put a few at a time in the bowl with the egg beaters to coat.
- Put a few pieces of shrimp at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on a baking sheet.
- Once all the shrimp is breaded, if you still have crumbs left, re-dip the shrimp back into the egg beaters and then back into crumbs and back onto the baking sheet.
- Spray the top of the shrimp generously with baking spray then bake in the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over then cook another 3 minutes or until cooked though.
- Remove from oven and serve right away with lemon wedges.