Chicken Pot Pie Soup
The taste of chicken pot pie, in a soup!
Chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food and this creamy, chunky soup is loaded with chicken, potatoes, mushrooms, peas, carrots, corn, celery, onions and green beans in every bite. It’s also great with leftover turkey, as I do here in this Turkey Pot Pie Soup recipe.
It’s a blizzard here today and I’m snowed in! No worries, I have all the ingredients to make this soup and I thought I would share this popular recipe from the archives for those of you who are new followers. Hopefully you’ll be inspired to make it this week for your family, trust me you’ll be glad you did!
You can modify this with the vegetables you like to suit your taste. If you want to get fancy, you can serve this in hollowed out bread bowls or serve it with cut-out baked pie crust (extra points), but I often make them with these Easy Garlic Cheddar Biscuits.
This recipe requires cooked chicken breast. If you have raw chicken, poach 3 breasts in water for 15 minutes, then remove and dice into bite-sized pieces. This soup is super filling! One cup fills me up, but if you want a larger serving, I posted nutritional info for a larger bowl as well. Leftovers make a great lunch!!
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
More Soup Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Turkey Chili Taco Soup
- Beef, Tomato and Acini Di Pepe Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1/4 cup flour, to make gluten-free use 2 tbsp cornstarch instead
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 medium chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 chicken bouillons
- fresh ground pepper
- pinch of thyme
- 10 oz frozen classic mixed vegetables, peas, carrots, green beans, corn
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
- Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold water with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining water and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Add celery, onion, mushrooms, chicken bullion, thyme, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables and return to a boil.
- Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.