Smoked Turkey Sausage Breakfast Skillet
This Smoked Turkey Sausage Breakfast Skillet combines the savory goodness of smoked turkey sausage with a medley of fresh vegetables and eggs, all cooked in a single skillet for convenience and flavor fusion. Not only is it a protein-packed meal that provides sustained energy, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser for family breakfasts or brunch gatherings. It’s also great to make ahead for the week! For more breakfast skillet recipes, try this Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs and Eggs Pizzaiola.
Why This Breakfast Skillet Recipe Works
- High Protein: With turkey, cheese, and eggs, this healthy breakfast skillet has 22.5 grams of protein per slice.
- Great for a Crowd: This turkey sausage breakfast skillet is excellent for a crowd. Cut the veggies and sausage the night before and whip it up before your guests arrive.
- Easy to Make: After just a few quick steps, this easy breakfast will be ready to eat. It bakes in less than 12 minutes!
- Perfect to Make Ahead for Meal Prep: This egg dish reheats well, so make it on a Sunday and eat it for breakfasts or lunches for the first half of the week. You can also freeze it for quick meals later on!
Breakfast Skillet Ingredients
- Eggs: You’ll need 10 large eggs for this breakfast skillet.
- Cheese: Use one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Vegetables: Chop baby spinach, dice white mushrooms, and slice scallions.
- Salt and Pepper to season the eggs
- Sausage: Slice smoked turkey sausage into half-moons. I used turkey kielbasa.
How to Make a Breakfast Skillet
- Egg Mixture: Whisk the eggs with a tablespoon of water and stir in the cheese, spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Brown the Sausage in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. After five minutes, add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until the mushrooms are tender. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Bake: Pour the eggs over the veggies in the skillet and bake at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes. Once the eggs are set, remove from the oven and slice into six wedges.
- Meat: Replace smoked turkey sausage with a chicken one or Italian turkey sausage. If you don’t want to use sausage, substitute ground turkey.
- Vegetarian Breakfast Skillet: Omit the sausage.
- Mushrooms: Switch out white button mushrooms with baby bellas.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Skip them and use another vegetable, like bell pepper or zucchini.
- Scallions: Sub chopped onion for scallions.
- Cheese: Swap cheddar with shredded mozzarella or Swiss.
- Seasoning: Add extra spices, like paprika, onion powder, or garlic powder, or dried herbs, like oregano or parsley.
What to Serve with a Breakfast Skillet
Although this dish is called a “breakfast” skillet, it’s good to eat anytime a day. Since there’s so much protein, it’s great on its own, but if you’re serving it to a small group for brunch, below are some extra ideas.
- Fresh berries or other fruit
- Lemon Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Baked Oatmeal with Pears and Bananas
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- Refrigerate this sausage skillet for up to 4 days and microwave it until warm to reheat.
- Freeze the egg slices in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. Thaw them the night before or microwave them straight from frozen for a little longer.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love
- Breakfast Casserole with Spinach and Sausage
- Swiss Chard Frittata
- Breakfast Strata with Sausage and Mushrooms
- Crustless Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- High-Protein Zucchini Omelet
Smoked Turkey Sausage Breakfast Skillet
- cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 10 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced in half moons (like turkey kielbasa)
- 4 ounces diced white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 tablespoon water, then stir in the cheese and spinach, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with oil then add the sausage slices, cook until browned on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the mushrooms and scallions and continue cooking, stirring until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and vegetables in the skillet. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes depending on the width of the skillet, or until the eggs are set.
- Run a knife around the edge of the skillet before slicing. Slice into 6 slices and serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Don’t like mushrooms? Skip them and use another vegetable, like bell pepper or zucchini. Scallions: Sub chopped onion for scallions. Cheese: Swap cheddar with shredded mozzarella or Swiss. Seasoning: Add extra spices, like paprika, onion powder, or garlic powder, or dried herbs, like oregano or parsley.