Sheet Pan Pancakes – essentially a giant pancake baked in the oven – is the most genius way of making pancakes!
Lemon Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
This breakfast recipe is from the Skinnytaste Meal Prep Cookbook. Make them once and you’ll never make them any other way! No more waiting, flipping, and family members eating in shifts, all you need is a good-quality rimmed sheet pan and some parchment paper so they don’t stick. They come out golden and fluffy, speckled with blueberries throughout. For a more traditional pancake recipe, try these fluffy whole wheat pancakes.
A little bit about my latest cookbook, it features 120+ Healthy Make Ahead Meals and Freezer Recipes to simplify your life. Every recipe has a make now option, or a serve later. I give full directions for freezing and meal prepping for every recipe. Of course, if you don’t meal prep you can still make these recipes! Nutritional info is included with each recipe. WW points are not, as they are copyright, but they are all posted here for your convenience!
I decided to share this sheet pan pancake recipe because it’s been so popular, I see so many of you making them and tagging me! These are great to make ahead for meal prep, but also great if you want to make them on the weekend without having to stand at the stove all morning. And, this is such a fun recipe and so easy to adapt in other ways!
- Swap blueberries for your favorite berries.
- Omit berries and add chocolate chips for the kids!
- Swap lemon zest for orange zest and add a few dollops of ricotta.
To Meal Prep:
Cool completely before transferring to an airtight container. To reheat from the fridge, microwave for 40 seconds, flipping halfway through. To reheat from frozen, microwave for 45 seconds. Flip and cook for an additional 45 seconds, or until heated through.
Refrigerate up to 4 days. Freeze, wrapped tightly up to 2 months.
How To Make Sheet Pan Pancakes
More Pancake Recipes:
- Banana Pancake Cereal (Mini Pancakes)
- Brownie Batter Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Flourless Banana Nut Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups low-fat, 1% buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium lemon, juice and grated zest from
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- Confectioners’ sugar, pure maple syrup, honey, or light whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed 13 × 18-inch sheet pan with cooking spray (this will keep the parchment in place).
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom completely. Place on the sheet pan and spray more oil on the parchment and around the sides of the sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, and 1⁄4 cup water until thoroughly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Do not overmix (or worry if there are some lumps).Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared sheet pan. Spread evenly with a spatula, then tap the sheet pan on the counter a few times to settle the batter.
- Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until golden and set, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Place a large cutting board over the top of the pan and flip the pancake onto the cutting board.
- Cut into 16 squares. Add toppings as desired and serve.
- Cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
- To reheat from the fridge, microwave for 40 seconds, flipping halfway through.
- To reheat from frozen, microwave for 45 seconds. Flip and cook for an additional 45 seconds, or until heated through.