Banana Pancake Cereal
Mini Pancake Cereal is the latest Tiktok trend, so versatile you can serve them with anything you want! I made them healthier with my banana pancake recipe and topped them with tons of fresh fruit.
Pancake cereal is the latest food trend on TikTok and Instagram. For anyone who hasn’t seen it, pancake cereal is tiny pancakes eaten like cereal in a bowl with a spoon. You can use any pancake batter you like, try them with my Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe or make them full size like these Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes.
Why choose between cereal and pancakes when you can have both? If you’re on TikTok you’ve probably seen this trend with the #pancakecereal hashtag receiving millions of views. I’ve been having fun making videos and wasting time on Tiktok during quarantine, if you’re on it make sure you follow me!
Pancake cereal is very versatile. Pretty much however you like your regular-sized pancakes will work with these bite-sized pancakes. You could make tiny whole wheat pancakes or pancakes with mini chocolate chips or sprinkles. Top them with not only the classic syrup and butter combo but also fruit, whipped cream, honey, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, or sprinkles. The options are endless, and anything goes! Some people are really taking the cereal part to heart and even pouring milk over the pancakes.
When I decided to test out this new trend, I wanted to create a lighter version with my pancakes. Adding bananas to the pancake mix is an easy way to add nutrients and fiber, to make them even healthier and topped them with a lot of fruit. Would you hop on the trend? If so, tag me I’d love to see your posts!
How to Make Pancake Cereal
- Making pancake cereal starts like any other pancake recipe – the first step is to make the batter. I put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the batter is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Then, you need to put the batter into an empty condiment bottle so you can squeeze out the little pancakes. If you don’t have a bottle, you can just use a zip-locked bag – pour the batter in and then snip the corner of the bag. It will work perfectly for squeezing out the mini pancakes.
- Once little bubbles form on the tops of the pancakes, flip them over with a spatula. Flip a couple times until they are a nice light brown color.
- When the pancakes are done, put them in a bowl and top with banana and berries and any of your other favorite toppings.
More Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Banana But Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 4-Ingredient Flourless Banana-Nut Pancakes
- Eggnog Pancakes
Healthy Pancake Cereal
- 1 cup 1% milk, buttermilk or almond milk
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries, for topping
- 1 large banana, sliced
- optional whipped cream and colored sprinkles, for topping
- Add milk, flour, 1 of the bananas, eggs, oil, vanilla, baking powder and salt to a blender and pulse until smooth and throughly mixed.
- Pour pancake batter into a condiment squeeze bottle. (Or use a ziplock bag and cut a tiny whole in the corner as well.)
- Heat pan to medium high heat and spray with oil.
- Squeeze little small pancake dots the size of a nickel and cook until top is dry and forms bubbles.
- Toss the pancakes with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes.
- Occasionally toss the pancakes around to help cook more evenly until slightly browned.
- Transfer to 4 bowls and add sliced bananas, fresh berries and your favorite toppings (I like to drizzle honey).