Brownie Batter Pancakes
I am very happy to have Katie of Chocolate-Covered Katie as my first guest post here on Skinnytaste. Her recipes are a great fit for Skinnytaste as they are all healthy and low fat, but she also brings something else to the table… all her recipes are vegan! Whether you are a vegan or not, I guarantee you will spend hours drooling at the photos on her blog! Please welcome Chocolate-Covered Katie to Skinnytaste.
Hi chocolate chips!
I’m Katie, of the blog: Chocolate-Covered Katie, and I’m so honored to be a guest on Gina’s blog. I love Gina because she shows that healthier food can taste incredible when it’s prepared the right way. On my own blog, I try to show this, too.
One exception: my blog is only desserts.
Just like Gina, I believe you shouldn’t have to sacrifice good taste in order to be healthy. And today, Gina asked me to share one of my “does not taste healthy” recipes that can be a breakfast or dessert: brownie batter pancakes. This recipe is also vegan AND can easily be made gluten free with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free flour mix!
Hope you enjoy!!
There are only 170 calories in this entire recipe. If you want a more substantial breakfast, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!! And if you’re feeling really crazy:
Try topping these with: Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Dip. Cookie dough brownie batter pancakes… who knew such decadence could be healthy?!
Brownie Batter Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Bob's spelt flour, or all-purpose or for gluten free use Bob’s gluten-free ap flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark unsweetened cocoa powder, or dutch cocoa
- 1 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 4 tsp sugar, you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet
- pinch of salt, optional
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp nondairy milk of your choice
- Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet.
- Make pancakes!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Life is better with chocolate. Please do stop by sometime, at Chocolate-Covered Katie, and say hi. I love meeting new blogger and reader friends!
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Eggnog Pancakes
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Banana Nut Pancakes
- Flourless Banana Nut Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes with Pumpkin Butter
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes