These healthy salmon and lemon kebabs are delicious and easy to make, loaded with omega 3s in every bite! Seasoned with fresh herbs, lemon, and spices and grilled to perfection.
This was last night’s supper, it was a beautiful night and we ate outdoors, oh how I love summer! I served this with a great big garden salad and everyone loved them – including Madison which was a happy surprise for me.
How To Make Salmon Kebabs
- If using wooden skewers you will want to soak them at least 30 minutes to avoid burning.
- I prefer to double the skewers when threading, this prevents the salmon from flipping around the stick while turning.
- You can also use thin metal skewers which saves time cooking, no need to soak.
How Long Do You Cook Salmon Kebabs on the Grill?
- Fish cooks fast! You will only need about 8 to 10 minutes on the grill total cook time.
Grilled Salmon Kebabs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water 1 hour
- Heat the grill on medium heat and spray the grates with oil.
- Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Spray the fish lightly with oil and season kosher salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the fish, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Adapted from Bon Appetit