Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos”
Loaded mini bell pepper nachos – game changer!! These low-carb nachos are loaded with turkey taco meat, cheese and all your favorite nacho toppings!
With Superbowl happening this weekend, I thought these would make a lighter alternative to traditional nachos. Mini rainbow bell peppers are the perfect size for eating with your hands, but heck, you could even make this for lunch or dinner and call it a meal! These are so good, and picky-husband approved!
Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey "Nachos"
- olive oil spray
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 21 mini rainbow peppers, halved and seeded (about 13 oz seeded)
- 1 cup sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp light sour cream, thinned with 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin (optional)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 7 nachos
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 5
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 187
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 418mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 18g