One word… YUM!
I make Crock Pot Picadillo all the time in my house (Madison’s number one request), and because it makes so much I like to get creative with my leftovers. I came up with this quesadilla for lunch one day and my husband said I should put it on the blog, so I thought with Cinco De Mayo coming, it would be fun to do some Cuban-Mexi fusion.
I made a really quick & easy Pico de Gallo to add along with the cheddar jack cheese, the results – delicious!
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped scallion
- juice from 1/2 lime
- cooking spray
- 2 reduced-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 6 tbsp shredded reduced fat cheddar jack
- 1/2 cup Crock Pot Picadillo (drained)
- Combine the ingredients for the quick pico de gallo in a small bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with oil and add a tortilla.
- Brown about 2 minutes on each side, then spread 1/4 cup picadillo on half of the tortilla.
- Top with cheese and half of the pico de gallo, then fold and press down with a spatula. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut in 3 pieces. Repeat with the remaining. Eat hot!
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 1 quesadilla (3 triangles)
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 211
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 563mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 22g