Air Fryer Nacho Fries seasoned with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese are cooked to crispy perfection in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Nacho Fries
Whenever Tommy comes home with nacho fries from Taco Bell, I can’t resist them! I created my own copycat Taco Bell Nacho Fries, and the spice blend is pretty close to the real deal. I cook mine in the air fryer, so they’re extra crispy. For more air fryer french fry recipes, try my air fryer sweet potato fries and regular air fryer french fries. And a reminder, I have a whole section of air fryer recipes for you to choose from.
This nacho fries recipe is super simple to make. First, cut the potato in long strips and coat with olive oil spray. After you cook them in the air fryer, put the fries in a bowl with the spices. My nacho fries spice mix has only five ingredients: chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and grated Parmesan cheese. Toss the fries in the spices, return them to the air fryer, and cook for one more minute.
Cooking french fries in the air fryer is my favorite way to cook them. They get golden and crispy without deep frying them in a ton of oil. You can take any of my oven-baked fries and put them in the air fryer instead.
How long should fries be in an air fryer?
This will vary depending on the thickness of the fry. It is important to cut them evenly so they cook eve. Here I cooked my nacho fries in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes.
What to Serve with Nacho Fries
They are delish as is. If you want to take them over the top, drizzle on some queso! These fries are a great snack or could be a side dish for a Mexican-inspired meal. Or, if you want to make a meal out of them, make loaded nacho fries. Top them with queso, ground turkey taco meat, tomatoes, and onions or any other favorite nacho toppings.
More French Fry Recipes You’ll Love:
- Skinny Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Sheet Pan Home Fries
- Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
- Baked Seasoned Fries with Skinny Garlic Aioli
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Nacho Fries
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4- inch fries. (A mandolin is also helpful here).
- Spray the potatoes generously with oil.
- In batches, place the potatoes in the basket in an even layer without overlapping or crowding, air fry 380F about 7-8 minutes on each side, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt; mix in Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- When the fries are done, add to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Return back to the air fryer and cook 1 minute more.