Sheet Pan Home Fries, an easy homemade breakfast potatoes made with red potatoes, onions, bell pepper and carrots all on one pan. All you need is some eggs and breakfast is served!
Sheet Pan Home Fries
Sheet Pan dinners are my favorite. But have you considered making sheet pan breakfast meals? I love using a sheet pan so you spend less time over the stove. And if you use foil the clean up is quick and easy! More sheet pan ideas for breakfast, try these Sheet Pan Pancakes which are a new family favorite!
About these potatoes, to be honest I never thought to make home fries on a sheet pan. I usually make them in a skillet and growing up in my moms luncheonette, I made them a lot! These are great for a lazy weekend brunch, just fry up some eggs and breakfast is ready.
You can also use this recipe to meal prep. Divide the cooked potatoes in 4 meal prep containers, add some scrambled eggs and meal prep is ready for the week.
I got a review copy of Joy The Baker’s new cookbook, Over Easy: Sweet and Savory Recipes for Leisurely Days (affil link) and knew I had to make them when I saw this. I adapted her recipe using less oil and skipped the butter – they turned out delicious and were easy to make! The addition of carrots, gives them a touch of sweetness which I loved. If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, this book is for you!
When buying a sheet pan, look for aluminum baking sheets with rolled edges to prevent warping. These Nordicware sheet pans (affil link) are great and made in the USA. Here’s a great article on what to look for when purchasing sheet pans.
How To Make Sheet Pan Home Fries
More Sheet Pan Recipes
- Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Meatloaf and Broccoli
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Shrimp and Broccolini
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon and Veggies
Sheet Pan Home Fries
- 20 oz baby red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, 5 oz total, chopped
- 1- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a sheet pan with nonstick foil or spray with oil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer to the sheet pan and spread in a single layer. Roast in the bottom rack 15 minutes. Turn and roast an additional 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.