Moist cinnamon apple nut bread made with homemade applesauce, small chunks of fresh apples and walnuts in every bite. It’s so moist and delicious, you won’t believe it’s light!
Apple Nut Bread
I’m going apple picking tomorrow upstate New York and I am totally planning on making my crock pot applesauce and this awesome applesauce bread so I thought I would revive this from the archives for anyone else out there who might also be apple picking. The scent of cinnamon and apples baking in the oven all morning makes my kitchen smell like Fall. Another favorite you might enjoy is my Banana Nut Bread.
You can also make this with store bought apple sauce, but it is so much better with homemade so if you have lots of apples, I highly recommend you do so. I’ve made this with and without the apple chunks, but I love the extra sweetness and moistness the chunks add to the bread, I highly recommend them. Be sure to dice them small so they cook through.
How to Make Apple Nut Bread
More Bread Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Banana Bread in a Mug
- Mango Nut Bread
- Irish Soda Bread
Applesauce Nut Bread
- 1 large finely diced peeled apple, diced into 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/8 tsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups homemade applesauce or store bought
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar not packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 1 1/2 oz chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl combine apple, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, agave, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix oil, egg whites, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in the center rack about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.