You’re going to LOVE these baked eggs, baked in a nest of spaghetti squash which has a flavor similar to hash browns. Perfect for breakfast or brunch, and because I love my eggs with sriracha, I top mine with a few dashes just for an extra kick, totally optional of course.
This recipe calls for cooked spaghetti squash. There’s a few ways to cook it, you can either roast in the oven cut side down in a baking dish at 375°F for 1 hour, or the quicker way is to pierce it all over with a fork, then microwave until the skin is soft, about 2 to 3 minutes per pound. Remove the seeds and scrape the strands with a fork. Because I had the time, I did this in the oven, the method I prefer.
Baked Eggs in Spaghetti Squash Nests
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a muffin tin with oil.
- Place the cooked spaghetti squash in a bowl.
- In a medium skillet, saute onions in butter on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add this to the bowl with the spaghetti squash along with the egg white, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper, flour and cheese and mix well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup into each tin, pressing up the side to create a nest.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until the edges become golden and crisp.
- Reduce the heat to 375°F. Remove from oven and carefully crack 1 egg into each tin.
- Bake an additional 10-12 minutes, or longer depending on how you like your eggs.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.