Basil Green Goddess Salad Dressing
In the summer when we have so much basil we don’t know what to do with it all, I love making this dressing to serve over my garden tomatoes and cucumbers.
I think it’s genius adding basil to Green Goddess dressing, which I have to thank Ina Gartin for, my husband is basil obsessed, so this recipe always makes him happy.
Pictured here, I served this over a wedge of Iceberg along with some fresh heirloom tomatoes. You can also use Bibb lettuce, or Butter lettuce if you prefer. You can easily halve this recipe, this would last in the refrigerator about three days.
Basil Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, such as Hellman’s (regular for Keto)
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, packed
- 1/8 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (full fat for Keto)
- Place all ingredients except for sour cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sour cream and process until blended.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Makes about 2 cups.
Yield: 16 servings, Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 1
- Points +: 1
- Calories: 60.3 calories
- Total Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 1.3g
adapted from Barefoot Contessa At HomeAll images and text ©