Easy BLT Roll Ups with Turkey and Avocado are delicious and perfect for school lunch.
These pinwheels are delicious, filled with bacon, lettuce, tomato plus lean turkey and avocado all rolled in a tortilla. Of course, you can easily modify them to suit your children’s palate. Created in partnership with ALDI.
Back-to-school time is in the air! As the spontaneity of summer ends and school starts, get back into the routine of the new school year with healthy lunches the kids will love. I’ve partnered with ALDI to bring you high-quality food at affordable prices! I’m a busy Mom, so I love how ALDI saves me time and money, I can get everything I need for back to school from organic snacks and produce to high-quality lunchbox staples.
Madison loves fresh fruits and raw vegetables in her lunch box, the more colorful the better! Using bento style lunch boxes with several compartments, like this one from ALDI, she helps me decide what to pack in her lunch box. We usually include all her favorites – strawberries, blueberries, carrot sticks, cucumbers, olives, etc.
Pinwheel Tips and Variations
- Don’t fill them with too much lettuce or they will be hard to roll up.
- To prevent the avocados from browning it’s best to roll them the day of. To save time in the morning, cook the bacon the night before and have everything prepped and ready, with snacks packed.
- If your kids don’t like avocado, leave it out. Same for any other ingredients.
- You can swap turkey for chicken, swap pork bacon for turkey bacon.
Tips for Successful School Lunch
- Make lunches at night instead of the morning. If they can’t be made ahead, prep as much as you can the night before.
- Bento box lunch box with divided compartments are great for kids who don’t like sandwiches. Fill each compartment with their favorite foods, roll up cheese, turkey, and add snacks such as fruits, olives, seeds, raisins, hard boiled eggs, crackers, etc.
- Decide together with your children what will go in their lunchbox, or have older kids pack their own lunches.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut fruit up into cute shapes. Use larger sandwich cutters to get rid of the crust.
- Heat up leftovers in the morning and pack them in a thermos to stay warm.
- Organize snacks ahead for the week so they are ready to grab and go.
ALDI has the quality you want at a price you don’t expect to help make this the best school year yet.
More School Lunch Box recipes:
BLT Roll Ups with Turkey and Avocado
For the BLT Roll Ups with Turkey and Avocado:
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 slices Appleton Farms Center Cut Bacon, or turkey bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 1 soft taco-size low carb flour tortilla
- 2 slices (1 oz) Never Any! Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 oz avocado (1/4 small)
For The Bento Box:
- Organic mini cucumbers
- carrot sticks
- Organic strawberries and blueberries
- Spread the mayo over the center of the tortilla, top with turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon and avocado. Roll up the tortilla holding it together tightly with your fingertips. Trim the ends off then slice the roll into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife. Transfer to your bento box.
- Optional, slice the cucumbers 1/2 inch thick then use small heart shaped cookie cutters to cut them. Fill the rest of the compartments of the bento box with carrot sticks, cucumbers and fruit.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: Created in partnership with ALDI.