This easy chicken quiche recipe is made with refrigerated pie crust and loaded with spinach and mushrooms but you can use any combination of vegetables. A great recipe to clean out the refrigerator!
Earlier this week I shared a spinach crustless quiche recipe which I love! But if you want something a little more substance with crust, you’ll love this quiche which can be serve for brunch, lunch or dinner with a salad on the side! This is very inexpensive to make, I used leftover chicken but turkey or ham would also work! I also love Spinach Ricotta Quiche and Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche.
Quiche is usually pretty high in fat and calories. Rather than using heavy cream which is usually used in quiche, I swapped the cream for milk which was still wonderful and made it lighter with less fat.
You can fill a quiche with any meat, cheese and vegetable combination. Here’s a few ideas..
- Swap the chicken for ham or turkey
- Swap the spinach and mushrooms for leftover steamed broccoli
- Swap the spinach and mushrooms for leftover asparagus
You Quiche Recipes You Will Love:
- Loaded Petite Crustless Quiche
- Veggie Ham and Cheese Bake
- Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins
- Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Crustless Ham and Cheese Quiche
Chicken Quiche Recipe
- refrigerated Dough for 1, 9-inch pie crust
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey breast, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/3 cup part skim Swiss cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Roll the dough out on a well-floured work surface until it’s approximately 12-inches in diameter. Transfer it to a 9-inch glass deep pie dish.
- Using your fingers, press it firmly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Then fold/crimp the overhanging dough. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust all over with the tines of a fork to prevent the crust from bubbling.
- Transfer the pie crust to a cookie sheet and your pre-heated oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until par-baked.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs with milk, add the remaining ingredients and pour into the par-baked pie crust.
- Place quiche on cookie sheet, cover the edges of the exposed crust with foil to prevent browning too much and bake on the middle oven rack until the eggs are set and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with a crisp green salad or maybe some fresh fruit on the side.