I love this cabbage soup recipe, made with ground beef, vegetables and tomatoes. It’s the perfect cold weather soup and makes enough for leftovers.
Ground beef, cabbage, vegetables and tomatoes, this is the perfect soup to clean out your fridge! And it’s super easy to make.
I grew up on homemade soups, in fact most dinners in my house growing up either started with soup, or soup was the main dish. My Mom usually threw whatever she had in the refrigerator and would whip up a new soup. I was a pretty picky eater, but I always loved when she made cabbage soup. This recipe reminds me of one of those soups she would whip up. Feel free to add any veggies you might need to use up. Crushed or diced tomatoes both work fine.
How To Make Beef Cabbage Soup:
You can see more Soup Recipes here!
More Cabbage Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Kalyns Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
- Leftover Ham Bone Soup with Potatoes and Cabbage
Chunky Beef, Cabbage and Tomato Soup (Instant Pot or Stove Top)
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 28 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 4 cups beef stock, canned* or homemade
- 2 bay leaves
- Assuming your electric pressure cooker has a saute option, or if using the Instant Pot, press the saute button and let the pressure cooker get very hot, when hot spray with oil, add the ground beef and salt and cook until browned breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks, 3 to 4 minutes.
- When browned, add the onion, celery and carrots and saute 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock and bay leaves, lock the lid cook high pressure 20 minutes.
- Let the steam release naturally. Remove bay leaves and serve. Makes 11 cups.
- Follow the same directions as above in a large pot or Dutch oven, cook covered low 40 minutes.